Sunday, April 1, 2007

I have no idea!

Here are a few bits of info and my input with them regarding telemarketing or phonecalls with salespeople and if theyre legit.
I AM legit so I will just make the statements that I am informed on and how I conduct myself.

* Telemarketers cannot lie to get you to pay, no matter what method of payment you use
*. * It's illegal for a telemarketer to withdraw money from your checking account without your express, verifiable authorization. (Now I wouldnt even know how to do that) ( Oh and never authorize that! Never!)
** Sales that are not completed, and payment or authorization for payment is not required, until there is a face-to-face sales presentation.

( However, I , recruit long distance and cannot do a face to face always. Usually I can refer you to a Partner in your area who will more than happily guide you. Or if I have several recruits in an area I will travel. Eventually I do meet all my recruits face to face.)

* Calling times are restricted to the hours between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. (Thats the law!)
*
* Don't pay for something merely because you'll get a "free gift." (We dont offer free gifts)
* * Don't give your credit card, checking account or Social Security number to unknown callers.( I will never ask)
*
* Don't be pressured to make an immediate decision.(I refuse to intimidate someone.)
*
* Don't agree to any offer where you have to pay a registration or shipping fee to receive a "prize."*******(Be
careful in "saying" the word yes or you agree BECAUSE they record this for proof of your approval!!) ******
* Check out unsolicited offers with the
*Better Business Bureau,( bbb is a joke)
* local consumer protection agency, or
* state Attorney General's office (another joke) before you agree to send money.

Having been a telemarketer at one time, I do hope that this gives you a little insight. I personally HATED telemarketing. I had become what I hated the most! Sooooo in order to make myself go to work I had to promise myself that I would be someone that was kind and attenetive and not high pressure. Most of all honest. It all comes back on you. So I have learned the hard way.

Thats it for now. Til next time.

If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!
rogrdodgr

No comments: